Thursday 19 January 2012

Introduction



Hello there and a very warm welcome to Taupo Creations.


This is my blogsopt and here I'm hoping to give you occassional insights to my world, which on occassion can be a wild and wacky place to be!!! Alongside which there will be information on new products, ideas and creations, special offers, personal achievements and even a few inside tips, patterns and instructions so that you too can make homesewn crafts for your loved ones.


Firstly, I think I should tell you a bit about myself and how I came to be a work~at ~home Mum, discovered my love of sewing and creating plus those special people who have inspired , motivated and encouraged me to follow my dreams , who alongside my fans on Facebook, have enabled me to continue making unique, bespoke items just for you.x


ALL ABOUT ME




This is me........and my name's Liz.

I was born in New Zealand some 40 odd years ago.... gulp that seems like forever away on occassion!! haha.

My mother was a beautiful, warm and loving Aboriginal woman who was both creative and a huge inspitation in my life , my father was a family loving Welsh man.. full of ethics and values with high expectaions for his 2 daughters. I think if both were still here they'd be proud of what we've achieved... Everything I've ever done has been with a view to making my parents proud, even though I have no doubt they would have loved me regardless..

Anyway, we emigrated to Britain when I was 8 and I've lived in the same area all my life, going on to have my own family and home.. its been an experience at times but I really wouldnt change a thing or I wouldnt be who I am today.

All of my family have artistic attributes.. from pottery making , to metal work, sewers , knitters and wedding stationary..so I guess somewhere along the line it was inevitable I'd find my creative side and it took a huge health scare to push me in the right direction ~that combined with lots of love, support and belief from some amazing friends.

Which brings us to Taupo Creations.....its going to be a journey of discovery which I'm hoping you'll join me on..I'm looking forward to it and hope you will too.xx

Much love
Liz





2 comments:

  1. Lovely to see you blogging as love to see your creations on FB Craftilicious.

    Can't wait to see what you blog

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Jane..its so much appreciated and any topics you'd like me to cover please feel free to ask..
      Regards Liz.x

      Delete